To Do List
At this moment, I can now safely say that I am leaving next month…Yikes!
There are several strong emotions that are coursing through my bloodstream right now, and both fear and excitement are battling for domination. I think that the main foundation that my fear has to stand on, is the fact that I still have quite an extensive ‘To Do’ list. Within the next 50 days before I
blast off, I mean depart.., this is what I still have left to take care of:
1. Figure out what I plan to take. (A light packing list is not easy to create!)
2. Take half a dozen passport/visa photos.
3. Apply for my Vietnam Approval Letter. (To actually step foot on the plane bound for Vietnam)
4. Book accommodations for the first 3 nights. (LA, Singapore and Saigon)
5. Visit the clinic for my vaccinations. (A.K.A getting drugged up!)
6. Inform my bank of my travel itinerary. (So they won’t freeze my account)
7. Print out, and email a copy of my itinerary details for my family. (So, they can track me)
8. Decide whether or not to get travel insurance. (Seeing that my trip is only 4 weeks)
9. Scan my passport information page, and email a copy to myself. (For if it gets stolen or misplaced)
10. Open an online photo storage account. (Flickr? SmugMug?)
11. Purchase a few guidebooks to get an idea of my destinations. (What to do? Where to eat and sleep?)
12. Purchase a universal adaptor. (Would really suck if I blew out my already limited electronics)
13. Test out my new underwater camera case. ( This would be a really smart thing to do!)
14. Purchase a sleep sheet or its equivalent. (Gross bed sheets are a no-no)
15. Order a mini tripod from Amazon.com. (My arm is bound to get tired from countless self shots!)
16. Seriously construct a budget. (This is the biggest headache on the entire list!)
17. Decide how I’m going to travel with my money. (How much cash to pack, credit/debit cards…?)
18. Teach my parents how to use Skype. (Lol. Self explanatory!)
19. Unlock my blackberry phone.
20. Keep working on my blog, and keeping everyone up-to-date!